Saturday, February 23, 2013

Getting started!

I have to admit that I am not too tech savvy. I have several blogs, and I have been blogging for quite a while. However, putting together this blog for the class was a trial and error process, plus it was very frustrating. I hope that my students are more adept at creating a blog and will eventually enjoy the midterm and final project---blogging!

As you can see by the title, this is the fifth blog of this type--Pods of Thought #5. One semester we tried the blog feature on Blackboard, but it was less than desirable format for the type of project I wanted for the class. The reason we tried that medium was for a student who was not permitted by law to post in a blog type format; otherwise, he would be arrested. I think we could have limited the viewers of the blogs to just those in our class, but he didn't want to take that chance; therefore, neither did I.

Blogging can be fun. Blogging can be tedious. My hope is that all of the students enjoy the process and find this type of activity conducive to sharing thoughts and ideas about the literature we are reading, as well as creating some of their own pieces (don't panic--not required to share original work!). With that---start to blog! Follow the instructions given. Play with the Blog creation process. Share ideas. Check the blogs of other students.

Have fun!

  Blog on!

No comments:

Post a Comment