Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Vanishing Sand Castles

Two sand castles or forts were at the end of the walk to the beach from our resort. It was clear so much time and effort were put into the two creations, so naturally I recorded them for posterity with my handy dandy camera. Sure enough, when we returned nearly an hour later, e incoming tide was slowly but surely destroying the most intricate of the two.....but the other had totally disappeared. All that was left was one stick.

As I stood and watched the waves rolling in, I heard a voice behind me.

"Two hours! Two hours of hard, intense work...washed away with just a few waves." The man stood there, sighing, taking pictures of the sand fort as it met its demise.

Ahh..such is life. Sometimes we work so hard for something, but instead of using our strengths and making good choices and decisions, we slip, and a few "waves" reduce it to nothing but wet sand.













1 comment:

  1. Nothing gold can stay from Frosts poems is the first thing that popped into my mind as I viewed your sandcastle photos.

    Then my mind switched to a quote from Anne of Green Gables. “Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
    ― L.M. Montgomery I believe Marilla said this to Anne after one of her many adventures.

    As I confirmed my Montgomery quote I found one just for Mrs. S, what a lush!

    “I am simply a 'book drunkard.' Books have the same irresistible temptation for me that liquor has for its devotee. I cannot withstand them.”
    ― L.M. Montgomery

    ReplyDelete