Monday, March 11, 2013

Visiting BrookGreen Gardens

Today we visited BrookGreen Gardens which are south of Murrells Inlet which is south of Myrtle Beach. Our tickets are good for 7 days so we hope to return to see what we missed this afternoon. The gardens were full of flowers, fountains, and statues and really quite interesting. Some of the statues were very intricate, full of detail, and just downright impressive.

One of the statues was of Samson wrestling a lion. What I noticed were the rippled muscles and then the lions law on Samson's arm trying to stop him from breaking his neck.

I was most excited, and then disappointed, in the Poetry Garden, which held a few written plaques of Kipling's poetry, very few statues, and not much else.

I did find the first few lines of William Cullen Bryant's poem "Thanatopsis."

When I can figure our how to upload pictures on my iPad into the blog, I will share!

Looking forward to a return trip to visit the zoo and take a boat ride through the Low Country.









No comments:

Post a Comment