Friday, March 1, 2013

Wilma the Waitress and the Waffle House

One of my former high school students and a classmate of My Daughter the Librarian has written and published a children's book.  It hit the bookstores and Amazon last week.

Amber was interviewed by WLFI in Lafayette and the link below shows that interview.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AYoMzqQnng&list=UUyHX5j6cvdDlDFarayCObRA


I can't be more proud of her and her success.  She hopes to continue the saga of Wilma the Waitress and has ideas jotted down for more books in the series.



If you have small children, nieces or nephews, grandchildren, or friends with children, consider selecting this book as a gift for an Easter basket, a birthday, or just because.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my... That is exciting. I've always contemplated children's lit. I became hooked on reading with Judy Blume's The One in the Middle is the Green Kangaroo which snowballed into the Fudge series. I wonder if the library has a copy yet. I will have to check it out b/c I do have a 2 1/2 year old niece that loves books. I think she is getting tired or Pete the Cat, or maybe her parents are.

    ReplyDelete